110 Dundas Street W, Whitby, ON, L1N 2L9
Tuscan Wolf Pizzeria is a new pizza joint located in the Heart of Whitby, ON. Located just at Four Corners, Kimberley & Marco sure know their stuff when it comes to Pizza. Marco came from Italy and began creating the most authentic Italian food I’ve ever had. Pizza, Pasta, Crepes, and more.
I was approached by Kimberley to help provide them with the best possible tips to make the food as Celiac Safe as possible. My suggestions were as follows:
- Separate Sauce & ladle not to be used on GF Pizza
- Separate pots, pans & Utensils (clearly marked)
- Fresh ingredients so gluten on hands don’t get cross contaminated
- Check all ingredients for toppings to ensure they do not contain gluten ingredients
What they were able to accomplish without me even prompting them was:
- Cook the pizza on separate pans with paper cooked underneath to ensure no cross contamination
- They make their dough at different times, and have a clearly designated mixer just for the GF dough only
- They have a very high heat commercial dishwasher that sanitizes & cleans excellently
- They store the dough wrapped tightly in the fridge
- Marco washes his hands constantly to ensure no cross contamination, and he came out multiple times to check on us and show us his progress and particular steps he makes.
We had the Bacon & Egg Pizza (no sauce). I love this option as I am really not a huge sauce person. The pizza was awesome as we ate closer to noon, and hadn’t even had breakfast yet. It was oozy-gooey and the way the bacon cooked on top was heavenly. The crust was flavourful, fresh, and had no hints of “cardboard” like most of the common pizza shells on the market. The fact that he makes the dough fresh is another step above the rest. I was able to dip the crunchy crust into the egg yolk and boy did I eat every last bite.
We also shared one of the weekend Pasta Specials. Il Gamberetto was a Gluten Free Penne noodle in a Smoked Salmon & Tiger Shrimp Rose Vodka Cream Sauce. I cannot explain the level of care this dish had. Each and every bite was better than the last. The flavours were exploding in my mouth, and it had such an authentic seafood taste. I could not believe how amazing it was. There was black pepper in it, and it really enhanced the bite of food. My boyfriend who is NOT Gluten Free declared it to be the BEST GF Pasta he has ever had. This is a huge compliment as he normally dislikes almost all Gluten Free food. I would go back over and over again for this pasta dish. This was a Father’s Day Special, but they do offer weekly specials available for a limited time. If you’re interested you can always call ahead and find out the specials. Request to speak to Kimberley and advise you saw my review. They will be able to prepare ahead of time, and of course, depending on your level of comfort, you can of course just walk in. For me personally when I’m dining out I call ahead to make a reservation so they know ahead of time I am a GF Diner and so someone in charge is aware of what I need.
For Dessert we had Panna Cotta which is basically a Cold Creme Brûlée topped with chocolate syrup. It was absolutely delicious and a refreshing dessert to end the day off.
I really have no pointers for these guys! Due to them reaching out ahead of time to inquire on safety measures, it kind of took care of most of what I probably could have found as a “fault”. I’m super happy that Kimberley reached out ahead of time, it makes my job as a reviewer much easier!
**This review is my personal opinion and experience only. It is your responsibility to notify staff of your diet requirements. Glitz and GF is not responsible if something occurs during your meal.**